Trying to make a healthy version of pizza is quite the task, but let's be real, who doesn't crave pizza night every now and then. We found a gluten and dairy free veggie pizza from this great blog and knew we had to try it! Maybe it is our obsession with sweet potatoes or the fact that cauliflower is used in the crust, but this recipe got us hooked. Picture your favorite pizza put on a diet. Now, don't expect this to taste like the typical pizza you get delivered, but this twist on a traditional favorite is not lacking in flavor. There are so many directions you can go with this recipe (pizza toppings, seasonings, sauces, etc.) So challenge yourself and Bon Appetit!
- 1 cup of quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Italian seasoning (or seasoning of your choice)
- pizza sauce
- pizza toppings (your choice)
- *Optional-sprinkle daiya cheese on top
- Bake sweet potatoes at 400 degrees for 1 hour, mash them and then set aside
- Puree cauliflower in blender or food processor. Put pureed cauliflower in strainer or cheesecloth to get as much water out as you can
- Mix with mashed sweet potatoes
- Then add flour and Italian seasoning to the mixture. Stir again
- Spread crust onto large baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake 30-40 minutes until golden brown
- Then add sauce and toppings. Bake again for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!