If you are a hummus fan then this recipe is for you! Instead of using chickpeas, baba ghanoush is made using roasted eggplant. We have been addicted to it for quite some time now and finally created a recipe that tastes delicious! It is so easy and such a great dip to make for parties or as a pre-dinner snack. Serve with pita chips, carrots or cucumbers. After you take the first bite of this dip you will be hooked! Minimum ingredients and minimum time...what else could you want?
- 2 large eggplants
- 1/3 cup of tahini
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- Red Pepper
- Cut eggplant in half and place on baking sheet face down
- Broil in oven for 30 minutes (skin should start to shrivel)
- Wrap garlic cloves in foil and stick in oven with eggplant for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove eggplant and garlic and allow to cool
- Chop garlic cloves
- In a large bowl and using a fork, scrape the flesh out of the eggplant shell(should fall off very easily. Add in tahini, garlic, lemon juice, salt and red pepper.
- Using fork or spoon, mix and mash the ingredients all together until desired consistency(should start to look creamy)
- Stick in fridge for 1 hour or more. Enjoy!