What is better than a fresh made sandwich piled high with cool crisp vegetables? In our opinion, there is not much. We were never fans of chicken or tuna salad so we decided to put a Twinatic’s twist on an original. Friends, meet your newest “healthy” addiction. This chickpea salad will have your taste buds begging for more. If you have ever seen one of our recipes and debated if you should try it or not, we are informing you now this one is a MUST try. Whether you choose to put this salad between two pieces of bread or on top of a bed of lettuce, it makes for a fresh, delicious and satisfying meal. There are several recipes for a chickpea salad on the Internet, but we think this one beats the rest. Try it out and let us know what you think by tagging us (@twinatics) on Instagram or Facebook. Happy Spring!
Creamy Chickpea Salad:
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup dill or butter pickles, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup purple onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs hummus
- 2 1/2 tsp stone ground mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tsp dill weed, fresh-chopped
- 1/2 cup ripe avocado mashed
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
Between the Bread:
- Ezekiel bread
- Thick Slice of Tomato
- Spicy brown mustard
- Anything else you love on a sandwich!
Serving Size: 2 super stuffed sandwiches or 4 smaller ones if you ration out the chickpea salad better than we did.