Doesn’t everyone love the white beans from Zoe’s Kitchen? If you don’t, well, we don’t relate. Maybe it is the hint of rosemary or the creaminess, but we crave these beans. Although this dish isn’t an exact replica of the recipe, our taste buds were just as satisfied. Hope you all enjoy!
· 3 cups of great northern beans (soak beans for 6-8 hours)
· 4 cups of veggie broth
· 2 large sprigs of rosemary, chopped
· 1 bay leaf
· 1 red onion, chopped
· 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
· Sea Salt
· Black Pepper
· Cayenne Pepper
· 21 Seasonings Blend (Traders Joe Brand. Use your favorite seasoning blend to add a kick of spices)
· 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 1 ½ cup of quinoa (cook in rice cooker or on the stove. Same cooking method as rice)
1. Sautee chopped red onions in olive oil for 3-5 minutes. Add in chopped garlic for 1-2 minutes.
2. Combine beans, veggie broth, rosemary, bay leaf, and all seasonings to a medium sized pot.
3. Bring to a boil and then immediately simmer. Let simmer for 1 ½ hours -2 ½ hours or until beans are tender.
4. Once tender, remove 1-2 cups of cooked beans and mash in a separate bowl. Combine with the rest of the cooked down beans to add a thickness to the dish.
5. Serve over cooked quinoa