Here is an easy lentil salad that would be a great dish to bring to a party or beach trip. It is super easy to prepare, full of fresh ingredients and will definitely last you a couple of days. The lentils and beans give a good amount of plant protein and the crunchy colorful veggies add so much flavor. This will become a staple dish for you this season!
- 1 cup dry lentils (green or brown)
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1-2 roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped (remove stems)
- 1 small bunch of green onions, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 heaping tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- A little bit of sriracha or hot sauce
- Cook lentils, leaving firm not mushy. Drain.
- Make dressing: Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the black beans, bell pepper, onions, tomatoes, and lentils. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Add cilantro, and lightly toss.
- Serve immediately or chill covered in the fridge for at least an hour to let the flavors combine.