Another easy quinoa recipe for you! The mix of flavors from the olives and tomatoes combined with the tanginess of the vinegar creates a very tasty dish. We almost enjoyed this Mediterranean quinoa more as leftovers. The way all of the flavors complimented each other after marinating together for a couple hours made it taste that much better. A cold dish is always an easy one to eat throughout the week. Fresh ingredients make a fresh tasting dish. Enjoy!
· 2 cups of quinoa
· 2 15 oz cans of artichoke hearts, quartered
· 2 14 oz cans of hearts of palm, chopped
· 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
· 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
· 1 container of grape tomatoes, chopped
· 2 15 oz cans of chick peas
· 1 medium bunch of broccoli, roasted or steamed
· 1 large lemon
· ¼-½ cup EVOO
· White wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar (amount based on your preference)
· Sea Salt
· Ground Pepper
· Cayenne Pepper
· Cavender’s Greek Seasoning
1. Cook quinoa. Follow cooking instructions on back of package. Cook on stove on in rice cooker. Let cooked quinoa cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, artichoke hearts, hearts of palm, yellow pepper, olives, chickpeas, broccoli and tomatoes. Mix in olive oil and white wine or balsamic vinegar. Toss to coat. Add the salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, mint and greek seasoning and mix again. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.