It’s easy to go meatless on Mondays when you have a meal this good. We have posted a couple of stuffed bell pepper recipes in the past, but this is by far our favorite! It is easy to make, super satisfying, and healthy as can be. No meat, no dairy, but all the flavor. It’s packed with protein so don’t worry about incorporating any elaborate side dishes. Pair these peppers with a big green salad and you have the perfect dinner. Oh, and this recipe makes 8 peppers! So it is a great start to your meal prepping for the week ahead.
• 1 tub Guidry’s Mix
• 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
• 1 Fifteen oz can of diced tomatoes, drained, reserve the liquid
• 1 Fifteen oz can of tomato paste
• 2 Fifteen oz can chick peas, rinsed and drained
• 4-5 ribs celery, finely chopped
• Half bag of shredded carrots
• 1 Ten oz. package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
• 1 1/2 cups quinoa (should make 3 cups cooked)
• 1 package of slice mushroom, roughly chopped
• 8 large colored bell peppers, cut top off and remove seeds
• Daiya dairy free grated pepperjack cheese – 8 oz package
• Sea Salt
• Black Pepper
• Cayenne Pepper
• 1 Tablespoon ground Cumin
• 2 tsp. oregano
• ½ tsp. paprika
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees
• Cook quinoa (easiest to put in rice cooker with 3 cups of water. 1:2 ratio of quinoa to water. Cook just like white rice)
• Pour olive oil in saucepan over medium heat
• Then add in onion mixture and garlic and cook until soft (about five-ten minutes).
• Add carrot, celery, mushrooms, oregano, paprika, and sauté 1-2 minutes.
• Stir in drained tomatoes/paste. Cook for another five minutes.
• Stir in the chick peas, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium/low heat, and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
• Stir in spinach and cook 5 minutes. Stir in cooked quinoa and package of daiya cheese. Season with salt and pepper
• Fill each bell pepper with a heaping ¾ cup of the quinoa mixture and place in baking dish. Pour reserved liquid on bottom of dish. Cover with foil and bake between an hour to an hour and fifteen. Let sit for 5 minutes when finished.