While grocery shopping early this week, we came across an unfamiliar type of squash. At first we were reluctant to buy but we are so happy we did. Whenever we find something that’s both nutritious and flavorful it quickly becomes a staple in our kitchen. How could something so easy taste so good? See for yourself! Here’s an easy recipe to introduce you to your new favorite summer side.
- Cut the squash in half vertically and scoop out the seeds.
- Slice the squash (about 1/2 inch thick)
- Heat a frying pan to medium high. Pour a little olive oil into the pan.
- Cook the squash for several minutes on each side, until golden brown
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper