We came across this recipe when we were looking through You Fresh Naturals website and we are so happy we did! We love portabella mushrooms and love guacamole (more like borderline obsessed) so the thought of combining the two and baking it sounded heavenly. These baby bellas are something to brag about. The sweet and salty dynamic of the mushroom, avocado, and roasted red pepper puree complimented each other just right. Not to mention… they look pretty fancy too! They are the perfect party poppers and are sure to be a hit if you are having company over. We promise you they won’t disappoint!
- Baby portabella mushrooms-stems removed (pack of 6)
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- Half of a red bell pepper
- Crushed walnuts, almonds or pecans (take your pick!)
- Sea Salt
- Coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place portabellas with stems removed (open side up) on a parchment paper lined baking sheet (foil works too)
- Make guacamole(mash avocado, garlic and sea salt)
- Stuff mushrooms with the guacamole and crushed walnuts
- Place red pepper on baking sheet with mushrooms
- Bake for 5-10 minutes then remove
- Take red pepper and puree in food processor with a drizzle of coconut oil until smooth. Place on top of mushroom mixture and enjoy!
- Top with more walnuts if desired.