If you are anything like us then there is at least one night a week where you crave Thai food. Whether it's spring rolls, pho or those yummy sauces they always provide with your meal, Thai food is comfort and deliciousness all in one dish. We just HAD to get our Thai fix this week and that is when we created these awesome lettuce wraps. Super easy recipe and it can be altered in so many ways. If you attempt this recipe, try adding different vegetables to make it your own. We hope this recipe satisfies any Thai cravings you may get this week. Enjoy!
- 3-pack of romaine stalks
- I container of mushrooms
- 5 garlic cloves cut in half
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 bell peppers, diced
- 1 package of snow peas
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of teriyaki marinade (we used SAN-J brand which is gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons of Tamaria(more if desired)
- I pack of green onions, chopped(for garnish)
- 2-3 tablespoons of sesame seeds(for garnish)
- Salt and pepper
- Heat up sesame oil in pan on high heat
- Sauté onions and peppers in pan until translucent
- Add minced garlic and garlic cloves and continue to stir
- Add mushrooms, edamame, snow peas, Tamari, teriyaki sauce and salt/pepper.
- Cook until stir fry becomes cooked down and vegetables are soft
- Turn stove off and add green onions and sesame seeds on top of stir fry.
- Scoop mixture into lettuce wrap and enjoy!
*Note-We used SAN-J peanut sauce to dip lettuce wraps into...yum!