Sometimes you just crave Chinese food, right? A couple egg rolls rice, Lo mien and of course...fried rice. It is so good while you are eating it, but if you are anything like us, the bloated and heavy feeling after sometimes just isn't worth it. This vegetable quinoa fried rice not only gives you a ton of flavor but is also loaded with nutrients. Give it a try the next time you are craving a little Chinese. A dish full of flavor and this filling won't disappoint!
• 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
• 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
• Tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
• 1 small white onion, chopped
• 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
• 1 head of broccoli, chopped
• ½ bag of shredded carrots
• 16 oz bag frozen edamame (shelled)
• 16 oz of frozen corn
• 1 cup of green onions, chopped
• 1 ½ quinoa
• Black pepper
• Cayenne pepper
1. Cook quinoa
2. Sauté onions and garlic in sesame oil for about 5 minutes.
3. Cook (use microwave or stove method) edamame and corn.
4. Add broccoli, carrots, edamame and corn to onion and garlic. Immediately add Tamari, Sriracha, black pepper, and cayenne pepper (to your liking). Close pot and let steam/sauté for 10 minutes. Continuously stir.
5. Add sesame seeds and green onions and let sauté for 5-10 minutes.
6. Once broccoli is soft and flavors are properly combined, your dish is ready!