I don’t know about you, but I am a HUGE fan of Zoes Kitchen. I could literally eat their quinoa salad with a side of white beans every single day. Instead of having to drive all the way to the restaurant when I had a craving, I decided to find a copy cat recipe. Magic happened! This recipe taste very close to the white beans they serve and is super easy to make. Put these beans over quinoa or brown rice, and just like that you have dinner on the table!
- 1 cup of dried white beans (soak overnight)
- 1 1/2 cups of veggie broth
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Sautee onions for about 5 minutes
- Add garlic and rosemary and sauté for another 3-5 minutes
- Put beans, onions, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper into crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours
- *If you don’t have a crockpot this dish could be made on the stove. Allow to simmer until desired consistency.
- *If you want a creamier dish mash some of the white beans after a few hours of cooking and it will thicken.