We are always trying to find dishes to bring to a family lunch. It helps us determine if the recipe is worth keeping. If enough people eat it, and like it of course, it stays but if not, it is on to the next one. It has to be something quick and easy but delicious enough for people to remember. Coleslaw is usually a staple for summer barbeques and a great side dish for any meal. Here is an Asian Slaw that we think is definitely a keeper! Instead of the typical coleslaw, which usually contains mayonnaise, this recipe is filled with healthy ingredients that will keep you energized and full. You are going to love it!
- 1 16oz bag Broccoli Slaw
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1 box of Quinoa spaghetti (could use whole wheat pasta or brown rice pasta as well)
- 16 oz bag of edamame (soy beans)
- 3 packets of Stevia (2-3 table spoons of the sweetener of your choice)
- ¼ cup of canola oil or olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Tamari (soy sauce)
We broke the Quinoa spaghetti noodles in about 2 inch pieces before cooking. Cook edamame (only takes a few minutes in the microwave). Combine all dry ingredients. Mix oil, vinegar, soy sauce and stevia in a bowl then pour over slaw. Mix well and place in refrigerator for a couple hours to marinate.