It’s the season where the smell of gingerbread, pumpkin and cinnamon are swarming the air. As the cool fall weather approaches, we love to have our steaming hot cup of coffee paired with a sweet treat in the mornings. We decided to create a twist on our original T Bread by adding and tweaking a few ingredients. Lets just say it was a success! Hope you all enjoy!
· 1 cup buckwheat flour
· 1 cup pumpkin puree
· 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
· ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
· ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
· 1/4 teaspoon of salt
· ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
· 6 Tablespoons of pure maple syrup or honey (or three tablespoons of each)
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· ¼ cup water
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
· 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
· 3/4 cup dark chocolate
1. Preheat your oven to 350F and lightly coat a standard loaf pan with coconut oil to make sure the bread doesn’t stick to the pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the buckwheat flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and baking soda. Then mix in the pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, maple syrup/honey, vanilla and water. Lastly, put in the apple cider vinegar (which will help the bread rise when it reacts with the baking soda.
3. Pour the bread batter in the pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. *Our loaf only took 30 minutes in our oven but each oven will vary so keep watching your bread to avoid over cooking!
4. Make sure you allow the bread to completely cool before slicing